GNSS 1 & 2 Configuration¶
This menu contains the parameters needed to configure the GNSS receiver 1-2 located in Veronte Autopilot.
GNSS - Configuration Menu
The following parameters are configurable in this menu:
GNSS. Data values that can be configured.
- Meas Rate. Defines the minimum time between data acquisition.
- Precise Point Positioning (PPP). This option is a global precise positioning service, PPP is able to provide position solutions at centimetre to decimetre level.
Survey in. Determines a stationary receiver’s position by building a weighted mean of all valid 3D position solutions. This mode should be activated in a Veronte Ground to enable GNSS Differential mode and send corrections to Veronte Air. Two requirements for stopping the procedure must be specified, this end when both requirements are met.
- Minimum duration. Defines a minimum amount of observation time regardless of the actual number of valid fixes that were used for the position calculation. Reasonable values range from one day for high accuracy requirements to a few minutes for coarse position determination
- Position accuracy limit. Defines a limit on the spread of positions that contribute to the calculated mean.
Protocols. Allows the user to select the different comunication protocols as input or output. One port can handle several protocols at the same time (e.g. NMEA and UBX).
- Protocols will be changed when using the GNSS Compass Wizard (see in Devices - GNSS - GNSS Compass).
Distance to mass center. It is used to set the relative distance to mass center from the GNSS anntena. This parameter has to be set correctly in order to get a correct value when using GNSS Compass.
More information about protocols and configuration can be found here .
SBAS stands for Satellite Based Augmentation System. It is a set of geostationary satellites that are used to check the status of the signals sent by the GPS Satellites, and to improve the tracking via the correction of atmospheric disturbations, orbit deviations, clock errors and so on. In Veronte Pipe, it is possible to select the satellites that will be used for this purpose (selecting the number that appears in the table of the following figure), or make the software to automatically choose them according to the location of the platform.
GNSS - SBAS Menu
The Message rate options are used to set the time between the messages received at the autopilot. Each one of the different messages can be configured separately: ECEF (earth centred, earth fixed reference system), LLH (latitude, longitude and height), Speed, GPS Time, SV Status (state of the GPS satellite) and so on. This messages will be changed when using the GNSS Compass Wizard (see in Devices - GNSS - GNSS Compass).
GNSS - Message Rate
For information about RTCM 3 message list can be found here .
In the following configuration menu, the user can modify the estimation error associated to the GNSS.
GNSS - Estimation Error
- Enable check. Enables/Disables the GNSS selected to go to the Navgitation filter. Veronte will keep receiving GNSS information from that module, but it will not enter the Navigation.
- Top 4 values. Those parameters and their values are set for whenever the vehicle might suffer a big accelerations (see 30 m/s2). This predefined values are set by Embention for a catapult launch. If you would like to make any changes on them, contact our technical support department at email@example.com.
- GNSS Position Error and Velocity Error. Here it is set the variances of the GNSS sensor, being also possible to use the ones that are received at the platform from the satellites signals.