Veronte Tracker is a high-performance tracking antenna specifically designed for most demanding applications. The system can install any directional antenna for maximizing system operation capabilities. Embedded control actuators and installed encoders permits to automatically point the antenna with unique precision. Height and orientation given to the antenna makes the device perfect for long range operations. Suitable for: UAVs, UASs, RPASs, UGVs, USVs and any other moving system.
The platform is prepared to install different kind of antennas for video and data-link communications. Patch and parabolic grid antennas can be used within the system for best operation performance. Tripod is also interchangeable and custom tripods can be adapted.
Veronte Tracker can be detached in three parts for easy transportation and storage.
Veronte Tracker frame¶
Motion Platform with high precision encoders
It can be enlarged up to 3m high
Tripod is fully detachable
By unscrewing the antenna, the motion platform can be stored itself
Custom carrying case can be provided within the system for easy transport
- PCS holder
- PCS connection cable
- Power extension cable
- Extendible mast
- Mast: 21kg
- Motion Platform: 23kg
- Total weight: 47-51kg (depending on chosen frequency)
Veronte Tracker Antenna kit¶
Depending on the desired frequency, there are different antennas attachable to the mast:
- 400MHz~470MHz Yagi Antenna - 14 dBi - 38° Vertical Beam Width - 32° Horizontal Beam Width
- 50 Ohm Impedance - 1.5 kg - 1500 mm - Aluminum
- 400MHz~470MHz Omnidirectional Antenna - 3.3 dBi - 360° Horizontal Beam Width - 50 Ohm Impedance - 178mm - Flexible
- 100~100% MHz Splitter
- 902-928 MHz Yagi Antenna - 14 dBi - 30° Vertical Beam Width - 30° Horizontal Beam Width
- 50 Ohm Impedance - 1.8 kg - 1090 mm - Aluminum
- 902-928 MHz Omnidirectional Antenna - 3 dBi - 44° Vertical Beam Width - 360° Horizontal Beam Width - 50 Ohm Impedance - 0.48 kg - 350 mm - White Fiberglass
- 750-2700 MHz Splitter
- 2400MHz~2500MHz Parabolic Grid Antenna - 27 dBi - 8° Vertical Beam Width - 6.5° Horizontal Beam Width
- 50 Ohm Impedance - 7.1 kg - 1200x900 mm - Aluminum
- 2400MHz~2500MHz Omnidirectional Antenna - 4 dBi - 50° Vertical Beam Width - 360° Horizontal Beam Width - 50 Ohm Impedance - 0.09 kg - 220 mm - Gray Fiberglass
- 750~2700 MHz Splitter
- Wiring & mounting accessories (included in all the antenna types)
Each Veronte Tracker model can only operate on one of the above mentioned frequencies. Make sure that you order the right radio module based on your needs.
Portable control station in a rugged IP67 case installed on a foldable mast with metallic joints, having an adjustable height from 1.50 m to 3.15 m.
Veronte PCS with mast mounting
Mast accessories: Antenna adaptor & 2 fitting knobs
Harness (with 40cm cables for USB, Ethernet, Joystick & Power Input)
- 5m ethernet extension cable
- 5m USB extension cable
- 5m joystick extension cable
- Power source (euro plug)
- Expansion bay connector
- Veronte Pipe software
- Security battery, which maintains the PCS powered in case the tracker suffers an energy loss. However, Tracker will stop moving.
Veronte Tracker must always be operated with a power source, not the security battery
Veronte autopilot (ground station)
Wi-Fi modem, allowing wireless connection with Veronte autopilot
GPS advanced antenna
Radio communication (400MHz, 900 MHz or 2.4GHz)
Expansion bay, which allows the addition of an external radio or amplifier to increase the power (PCS power is 1W)
- If ON: LED is bright blue
- If charging: LED starts blinking
- If battery is low: LED starts blinking fast
Pinout Veronte, in case a wired connection is required instead of using Wi-Fi modem
Pinout is not the same as Veronte autopilot, if any connection wants to be made, please contact our support service at firstname.lastname@example.org
Veronte PCS also includes accessories for operation without Veronte Tracker:
- Mast mounting support
- Foldable mast
- Mast accessories: Antenna adaptor and 2 fitting knobs
- Harness (with 40cm cables for USB, Ethernet, Joystick and Power Input)
- Rated Power: 280.08W
- Voltage Range: 85~264VAC - 120~370VDC
- Nominal AC Current: 3A/115VAC - 1.5A/230VAC
Tracker to power supply cable
- 2P - PV ITTC 1839 CA1306F20-235BF8A232
- 6P - PV ASX 1920 PT01U10-6P
6P and 2P cable
6P connector (male)
Power supply cable
- 6P - PT06A-10-6S(005) 1212
6P connector and power supply
6P connector (female)
Power supply to plug (type F)
- 3P - QP 007 QUEEN PUO
- Plug - Type F
3P connector and plug
Type F plug
- 0.5 metre cable with Lemo 68P connector to Joystick, USB, ETH, PT01W-10-6P.
RJ45 Ethernet cable
Male Jack connector
- Extension cable 5m Joystick.
- Extension cable 5 m USB.
- Extension cable 5m ETH.
Lemo 68P connector (spec. HEW.LM.368.XLNP)
Lemo 68P connector (Pole) pinout¶
|1||PWM1||24||TX- ETH D1||47||None|
|7||PWM7||30||RX+ ETH D1||53||None|
|18||None||41||RX- ETH D1||64||None|
|21||TX+ ETH D1||44||None||67||None|
Lemo 68P (PCS) connector has a different pinout from Lemo 68P (Pole) connector, please refer to PCS User Manual for more information
- Make sure Veronte Tracker is placed in an open area to avoid screening, reflection and interference due to terrain or landscape elements.
- Make sure there is clearance around the antenna movement radius.
- Lay cables away from traverse areas.
Connect to PCS Wi-Fi
- SSID of the PCS Wi-Fi has the following numbering: ‘PCS-serial number-frequency’
- The SSID and password are included in the PCS case
- Wi-Fi works on two different frequencies: 2.4GHz and 5GHz. If the antenna used by Veronte Tracker is the 2.4GHz it is advisable to use 5GHz for the PCS Wi-Fi frequency to avoid possible interference.
Open Veronte Pipe
Enable PCS connection:
If this is not the case, please follow these instructions:
- Open the Command Prompt (CMD)
- Type ‘ipconfig’
- Check that IPv4 Adress is 192.168.8.3
- If this is not the case, please go to Troubleshooting 
Only 1 device can be connected at a time. In case a switch to another device wants to be made, disconnect the previous device, wait 2 minutes and then connect the new device
Check that configuration is correct
In case configuration wants to be reset
- Click on ‘Import’ in the Veronte Tracker dropdown menu
- Select ‘Online platforms manager…’ inside the ‘Build from template’ dropdown menu
- Download ‘Ground (Tracker)’ configuration by clicking on the cloud icon, a bin icon must appear after it has been downloaded
- Now click again on the ‘Build from template’ dropdown menu and select ‘Ground (Tracker)’
- A migration window should appear, click on ‘Accept’
- In the ‘Configuration merge’ window, select ‘No change’ in ‘Calibration’ tab
- The setup bar will pop up, showing the new configuration:
- Afterwards, press the save button to save the configuration
Tracker uses Veronte AP. For more information about how to configure Veronte AP, please go to the manual.
For the operation with Veronte Tracker, the following configuration needs to be added on the AIR UNIT Setup:
- Click on ‘Setup’ in the Veronte Tracker dropdown menu
- In the ‘Telemetry’ menu, press the ‘+’ button
- Click on the created ‘Data link to Pipe’
- Select ‘Veronte Tracker’ from the dropdown meny in the top right corner
- In the ‘Search’ tab, write ‘UAV’ and press the ‘+’ button of ‘UAV position’
- The result should be the following one:
- After switching on the tracker, the motors will set the antenna to a 45º position with respect to the horizontal axis. Once the PCS has been switched on, the antenna will move to 0º.
- In Veronte Pipe, the position of the aircraft and the tracker should appear in the map once the GPS signal is stablished.
- Now press the neutral button (0).
- Trim the antenna by pointing it to the North direction, to do this make use of the arrow buttons along with a compass.
- Press the antenna button, the antenna will start pointing the aircraft.
Tilt activation with range¶
In Veronte Pipe, a circle will appear in the position of the Veronte Tracker. If the aircraft is inside this circle, the tilt motor will stop working until the aircraft exits the circle. The radius of the circle can be changed in Veronte Pipe by right clicking on it and setting a value for the radius or simply by dragging with the mouse the circumference.
 IP address is not 192.168.8.3¶
- Click on ‘Open Network Internet settings’ in the dropdown menu of the Internet configuration
- Click on ‘Change adapter options’ and select your Internet connection method by double clicking on it
- Click on ‘Properties’ and select IPv4 Internet Protocol, then click on ‘Properties’
- Select ‘Use the following IP address:’ and type in the ‘IP address’ tab 192.168.8.3
- ‘Subnet mask’ should be automatically fulfilled as observed in the following image, else manually type the same subnet mask
- Click on ‘Ok’ and close the windows opened